Governance Improvement for Public Bodies
In recent times, many public bodies have failed, and in nearly all cases, that failure has been attributed to poor governance. Good governance is vital because it ensures that a public body not only fulfils its underlying purpose but also achieves all desired outcomes for citizens and service users. In addition, it must also operate in an efficient and ethical manner.
The Board must, therefore, have an effective governance framework in place, providing all stakeholders with confidence and assurance that services are being delivered as promised. As a Chief Executive or Board Member of a public body, how can you reassure yourself as well as your key stakeholders that there are no governance weaknesses, and that your public body complies with the highest standards?
Your Road to Governance Improvement and Assurance in 5 Simple Steps
Our Governance Improvement Tool is designed to support all public bodies in achieving high standards of governance. It enables the Board to benchmark its current governance arrangements against best practice and provides a robust, practical and actionable Report and Action Plan which addresses any weaknesses identified.
This can be accomplished in 5 simple steps:
1. Register online – enter basic details and choose a method to pay (if you’re not satisfied within a month, you get your money back).
2. Complete the Governance Improvement Tool questionnaire – work collaboratively with your team to answer 120+ easy-to-understand questions about your current governance arrangements
3. Generate a Governance Report and SMART Action Plan – after completing the questionnaire, instantly see the required corporate governance actions.
4. Populate and modify the Action Plan – personalise your actions according to ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘by when’
5. Present the Governance Report and SMART Action Plan to the Board – once approved, you can immediately start working to implement the recommendations to improve your governance.
Located Outside the UK? No Problem
Even though we developed the Governance Improvement Tool to benchmark governance arrangements against UK corporate governance standards, it can be effectively used by public sector bodies in countries outside the UK. The Report and Action Plan can be modified accordingly to reflect your public body or NGO according to jurisdiction and individual circumstances.
Should you require any assistance in this regard, please contact us or call us on +44 (0) 28 9077 3008/+44 (0) 7713 550727.
How the Governance Improvement Tool Works
The Governance Improvement Tool helps you improve governance by providing a comprehensive review on governance standards across five critical areas:
Board Performance and Development
This adds value because you:
Save money – significantly less than what it would cost to hire consultants
Save time – online Report and SMART Action Plan can be instantly generated
Use it easily – questions in plain English that can be grasped quickly
Complete at your own pace – no rush at all; complete in a few hours, a day, or weeks, as you prefer
Get reassurance – key stakeholders are assured that you are working hard to comply with governance standards
Get benchmarks for key governance standards – your governance framework measured against best practice
Have online access to an interactive tool – complete it with your team, collectively bringing everyone on board
Register now to start your journey to better corporate governance and if you need any help along the way or have questions around how the tool works, please contact us or call us on +44 (0) 28 9077 3008/+44 (0) 7713 550727.